ISO has a number of awards that recognize the contributions being made to international standardization.
- The Lawrence D. Eicher Award recognizes excellence in standards development and is open to all ISO and ISO/IEC technical committees.
- The ISO Next Generation Award recognizes young professionals from ISO members who are championing sustainability-driven standardization and the value of partnerships.
- The ISO Excellence Award rewards the achievements of ISO’s technical experts and is open to any individual nominated in the capacity of expert, project leader or convenor in a committee working group.
In addition, from time to time, ISO offers awards to selected sectors to recognize excellence and expertise in the world of standardization. Some past awards include:
- The ISO Prize aimed at leaders in business, government and academia from outside the ISO community for their outstanding contribution to the understanding or use of ISO standards.
- The ISO Award for Higher Education, which aims to encourage and recognize successful programmes in higher education on standardization.