Председатель:Mr Edward Njoroge
- Дата создания : 1947
The ISO Council is the core governance body of the Organization and reports to the General Assembly. It meets three times a year and is made up of 20 member bodies, the ISO Officers and the Chairs of the Policy Development Committees CASCO, COPOLCO and DEVCO. The Council has direct responsibility over a number of bodies reporting to Council:
- The President’s Committee advises Council on matters decided by Council.
- Council Standing Committees address matters related to finance (CSC/FIN), strategy and policy (CSC/SP), nominations for governance positions (CSC/NOM), and oversight of the Organization’s governance practices (CSC/OVE).
- Advisory Groups provide advice on matters related to ISO’s commercial policy (CPAG) and Information Technology (ITSAG).
- CASCO - provides guidance on conformity assessment
- COPOLCO - provides guidance on consumer issues
- DEVCO - provides guidance on matters related to developing countries
Membership to the Council is open to all member bodies and rotates to make sure it is representative of the member community.