ISO 230-10:2016 specifies test procedures to evaluate the measuring performance of contacting probing systems (used in a discrete-point probing mode) integrated with a numerically controlled machine tool.
It does not include other types of probing systems, such as those used in scanning mode or non-contacting probing systems. The evaluation of the performance of the machine tool, used as a coordinate measuring machine (CMM), is outside the scope of this part of ISO 230. Such performance evaluation involves traceability issues, is strongly influenced by machine tool geometric accuracy and can, in addition to the machine tool probing system tests specified in this part of ISO 230, be evaluated according to ISO 10360‑2 and ISO 10360‑5.
Numerically controlled machine tools can apply contacting probing systems in machining process applications, such as
- identification that the correct workpiece has been loaded before machining,
- location and/or alignment of the workpiece,
- measurement of the workpiece after machining, but while still on the machine,
- measurement of the position and orientation of the machine tool rotary axes,
- measurement and setting of the cutting tool (radius, length and offset of the tool), and
- detection of tool breakage.
NOTE 1 This part of ISO 230 focuses on machining centres, but it is intended that other types of machines, for instance turning and grinding centres, be included in a future revision of this part of ISO 230.
NOTE 2 This part of ISO 230 does not include non-contacting type of probes (e.g. optical probes), but it is intended that they be included in a future revision of this part of ISO 230.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2016-02
Версия : 2
Технический комитет:Test conditions for metal cutting machine tools